To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Rory Gallagher’s eponymous 1971 debut solo album, UMC/UMe is giving one lucky reader of Blues Matters an opportunity to win a a five-disc deluxe box set of the album.
This amazing prize includes the Rory Gallagher 50th Anniversary Edition 5-Disc Box Set includes 4 CDs and 1 DVD. The 4 CDs feature a brand-new mix of the original album, 30 previously unreleased outtakes and alternate takes, a six-song 1971 BBC Radio John Peel Sunday Concert, plus four 1971 BBC Radio Sounds of the Seventies session tracks, all mastered at Abbey Road Studios. Also included is a rare and previously unreleased 50-minute DVD of Rory’s first-ever solo concert which was filmed in Paris for the “Pop Deux” television show.
The extensive 50th Anniversary Box Set package will also contain a 32-page hardback book with many rare and previously unseen photographs from British rock photographer Barrie Wentzell, essays and memorabilia from the album recording including hand-written song lyrics by Rory, and an exclusive limited-edition poster.
The winner will be selected at random on 16th November 2021.
COMPETITION IS OPEN TO UK RESIDENTS ONLY
CONDITIONS: By entering, the participant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- You must be a UK resident to enter this competition
- The winner will be selected at random
- The winner will be notified by e-mail within 14 days of the draw date
- The prize is not transferable and no cash alternative is available
- Blues Matters nor our partners will not take responsibility for any lost prizes – replacements cannot be issued
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw this offer or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice
- Winner will be notified via the email they’ve provided
- If the winner doesn’t respond with 14 days of being notified, a new winner will be drawn at random