Highlights in Issue 104 are…
- Blues/rock giant Joe Bonamassa on his 13th studio album Redemption
- Dan Patlansky talks Perfection Kills, Fender endorsements & his current acoustic tour
- Delbert McClinton gives us a rare interview from Tampa Bay Blues Festival
- Shemekia Copeland is climbing the charts with America’s Child
- Tony Joe White returns to his roots with his elemental new blues album Bad Mouthin’
- Plus we have a ton of album reviews to help you discover new music
We also have an interview with Michael Lehmann who was the manager and close friend of Gregg Allman and he tells us about his final years and about the making of Southern Blood. He shares some delightful memories with us.
We also have comedian Llyod Langford, who appeared on Celebrity Mastermind and his chosen subject was Robert Johnson, so we caught up with him to discuss his blues.
In this issue, we cover many exciting features such as The Celtic Blues & Gospel Ensemble from Edinburgh Blues & Jazz Festival with Earl Thomas Bridgeman & Greig Taylor.
We also have Nashville Blues from Patterson Barrett, who gives us an insight into music city’s past & present blues scene.
Our editor also caught up with the people at Jefferson Blues Magazine and we have a feature on them, plus our regular Phenomenal Blues Women by Dani Wilde and Radiating the 88’s from Dom Pipkin.
We also have coverage of the 5th UKBlues Challenge which saw Kyla Brox win this year’s title and she will go on to represent the UK at both the European & Memphis Blues Challenges.
We have many Festivals, Gigs, Books, DVD’s & Albums covered just for you.
Blue Blood – Newcomers to the scene in this issue are Mike Mettalia (USA), Full Fat (UK), Simone Craddock (AUS), Lenny’s Girl (AUS), Gerry Quigly (IRE), Mojo Hand (UK).
Charts – Red Lick Top 20, RMR Blues Top 50 & IBBA Blues Top 50